I have 3 ultimate comfort foods that I turn to when I am sick, sad or it is just a rainy day: Grilled Cheese & homemade tomato soup (must be eaten together, with a tall glass of milk) and chocolate pudding.
I grew up with my mom making me pudding from one of the box mixes. Whether it was instant pudding (which I can't stand any longer) or the “cook & serve” version, she always just grabbed a box of pudding mix.
While those mixes aren't the worst processed food that you can eat, I have been trying to make more things from scratch lately and homemade chocolate pudding is just so stinkin' easy to make. You probably already have the ingredients in your home at any given time, so why would you want to go back to buying the boxed mixes?
Serve it with a dollop of homemade whipped cream for even more creamy goodness!
Scroll down for the complete recipe and directions!
How To Make Homemade Chocolate Pudding
This homemade chocolate pudding recipe is so easy and delicious, you will never want to buy another boxed mix again!
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 10 minutes
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 cup Cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 4 cup Milk
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- In a medium pan, whisk together the sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt
- Whisk the milk in to the mixture and heat to boiling, stirring constantly
- Once it has started to boil, continue to cook and stir for another 2 minutes
- Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla
- Transfer to serving dishes and chill in the refrigerator (pudding will thicken as it cools)
- Serve and enjoy!