This blondie bars recipe can be customized for any holiday by just changing the color of the candies that you use. A nice change from regular brownies!
If you are looking for a quick & easy dessert for Valentines Day, look no further than these Valentine Blondie Bars, made from scratch, these are a nice change from brownies and of course, you can customize them for any holiday just by switching up the M&M's for whatever holiday you are celebrating.
These are also a fun recipe to make with the kids. Even if you don't want them to deal with the heating of the butter and sugar, my children always love mixing in the M&M's and chocolate chips and then they “carefully” arrange them on the top as well. Make these for a party at school or even just a fun after-school snack!
To make these Valentine Blondie Bars, you will need:
2/3 cup Butter
2 cups Brown Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
2 cup Flour
1/4 tsp Salt
1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
1 cup Valentine M&M's
Scroll down for the complete directions!
You might also want to try these easy dessert recipes
- White Chocolate Cheesecake Bars with Strawberry Topping
- Brownie Heats with Raspberry Buttercream Frosting
- Strawberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 Ingredient Microwave Fudge
- ⅔ cup Butter
- 2 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- 2 cup Flour
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ cup Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Valentine M&M's
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a 9x13 Pan with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
- Heat butter and brown sugar in a medium sized saucepan, stirring constantly until smooth.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Add Eggs one at a time. Stir until incorporated.
- Add Vanilla.
- Add Flour, Salt, Baking Soda and Baking powder and stir until combined.
- Add half of the chocolate chips and M&M's and stir
- Transfer mixture to prepared pan.
- Top with remaining M&M's and chocolate chips.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Allow to cool until slightly warm.
- Remove from pan and cut into bars