Looking for an easy cinnamon roll recipe for fresh, homemade cinnamon rolls? This recipe can be made quickly and there is no waiting for the dough to rise!
If you have been looking for an easy cinnamon roll recipe so that you can make fresh, homemade cinnamon rolls...look no further!
While cereal, English muffins and scrambled eggs are great choices for the average morning meal, they just don't have enough "wow factor" for those days when you truly want to celebrate or show off your baking skills. Special mornings call for special breakfasts. One of my favorite recipes to make for special mornings is this easy cinnamon roll recipe, and after you try it--it is sure to become one of your favorites as well!
Not only is this easy cinnamon roll recipe made up of ingredients that you already have on hand anyway, but it is incredibly easy to make. Simply stir, knead, spread and cut, and you've got a fresh batch of homemade cinnamon rolls your friends and family won't believe you made from scratch. These warm, gooey and flavorful cinnamon rolls are sure to be the hit of any morning breakfast or brunch. Be sure to make plenty, because--just like with your favorite easy donut recipe--there is no way you or your friends will be eating just one.
In addition to being easy and delicious, this easy cinnamon roll recipe also has the added benefit of being healthier for you as well. You won't find any strange preservatives or artificial ingredients here. Only whole, wholesome ingredients that you actually know what they are. Serve your family a delicious desert-like breakfast without worrying that you will ruin their health. Your kids will love you for it!
The next time you have a special birthday or holiday to celebrate, or you simply want to bake a brunch that is sure to impress, this recipe is sure to do the trick! Be sure to bake plenty, because they are sure to go fast!
Scroll down for the complete directions!
Easy Cinnamon Roll Recipe | Homemade Cinnamon Rolls!
For the Cinnamon Rolls
- 2 ½ cup all-purpose Flour
- ¼ cup white Sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Milk
- 4 Tablespoons Butter melted
For The Vanilla Frosting
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Butter melted
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 Tablespoons Milk
To Make The Cinnamon Rolls
- In a small bowl, mix ¾ cup brown sugar and 1 tablespoon cinnamon. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add in the butter and milk and mix with your hands until it becomes a kneadable dough.
- Split the dough in half. Sprinkle a small amount of flour on a clean surface and roll out the dough to be a rectangle shape about ½ inch or less thick.
- Melt additional butter and spread over the dough but make sure you do not get it all the way to the edges. Sprinkle some of the brown sugar and cinnamon mixture over the top of the dough.
- Roll the entire rectangle up and slice into 8 pieces.
- Place in a greased 9x9 cake pan (you will need 2).
- Repeat with the other half of the dough.
- Bake the rolls at 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until the tops of the rolls are slightly brown. Top with frosting.
To Make The Vanilla Frosting
- Whip all ingredients together in a large bowl. You may need to add more or less milk depending on the consistency you desire for the frosting.
- Spread over warm cinnamon rolls.
These sound easy to make in the mornings before school. My son loves cinnamon rolls.
This recipe includes to of my favorite things! Delicious and easy;) I will definitely be making these for the kiddos.
I meant *two* of my favorite things...it's been that kind of day.
Kim @The Baking ChocolaTess
O these are mouthwatering for sure! Pinning!
Cinnamon rolls are the best!
Amy@ A Cup Full of Sass
Oh we love Cinnamom Rolls! I will be making this for my family for sure! Thanks for sharing on the Monday Funday Party.
These look yummy! And you make it sound easy enough for me to even try it. 🙂 Pinning!
Joanna @ Everyday Made Fresh
I just had my second cup of coffee this morning, man these would have went perfect with it!
Hello, we are visiting from http://www.sincerelyjean.com and saw your post on the Artsy Fartsy link party! We think that your cinnamon rolls looks delicious! Yum!
Hello, we are visiting from http://www.sincerelyjean.com and saw your post on the Showcase You Talent link party! We think that your cinnamon rolls looks delicious! Yum!
Rosevine Cottage Girls
These look great!
These look divine!! I love cinnamon rolls 😀
Edye | http://gracefulcoffee.wordpress.com
Cinnamon rolls are among my favorites! I'm really looking forward to try this recipe at home, I usually just buy them ready to eat, but let's give it a try =)