Oreo Pops are so easy to make and the kids just love them! They take just a few more steps than my Halloween chocolate covered Oreos. These would make a great treat to send in to school with your children (if their school still allows chocolate to be sent) or for your Halloween party!
To make them, you will need
- 6 Double Stuff Oreos
- 1/2 cup Black Candy Chips - or available at Michaels/AC Moore
- 12 Candy eyes - or available at Michaels/AC Moore
- Several strings Red licorice strings (Rips Whips from Walgreens)
- 6 Sticks
- 1 tsp Crisco
- Cut licorice into 36 3/4" legs and place in freezer to harden.
- Twist open each of the Oreo cookies.
- Using the stick, make an indentation in the white filling of each cookie.
- Heat Candy Chips and Crisco by microwaving for 30 seconds stirring and repeating until melted. Allow to cool for 2 minutes.
- Dip stick in melted candy and then insert stick in indentation of cookie.
- Place cookie back together and place in refrigerator to set for 5 minutes.
- After cookies have set, reheat candy for 30 seconds and stir.
- Lay Oreo in melted candy and spoon mixture over cookie to coat completely.
- Carefully remove from candy so the cookie doesn't come apart, and let excess candy drip off.
- Lay Oreo on wax paper. Insert 6 licorice legs in each cookie. Place 2 Candy eyes on each cookie.
- Immediately place in refrigerator for 10 minutes to set candy mix.
Of course, these Oreo pops can be customized for any holiday. Get creative for Christmas, Thanksgiving and Valentines Day!