Tomato soup is probably one of my favorite soups to have on a rainy day. It’s just pure comfort food. We still have to get through the end of winter and the “April Showers” (just because it is a cliche doesn’t mean that it isn’t true!), and I just crave soup on those cold, damp and dreary days. Here is an easy tomato soup recipe that you can make in the crockpot!
Trust me – once you make this, you will never buy a can of the stuff again! If you want to make it in a hurry, it can also be made on top of the stove. Just follow all the directions and simmer it for about 20 – 30 minutes until the tomatoes are very tender.
The only special equipment that you will need to make this soup is a traditional blender or an immersion blender. I highly recommend that you buy an immersion blender, if not for this recipe, then for future ones. It is such a time-saver (because you don’t have to process the tomatoes in “small batches” like you do with a regular blender) and will save you some time on clean-up!
Hennyway – on to my easy tomato soup recipe!
You will need:
28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 tsp Oregano
1 tsp Basil
1 cup Heavy Cream
1 tsp Salt (or to taste)
1 tsp Pepper
2 tbsp Butter
Making it is easy:
Just toss everything in the to crockpot except the butter, cream and salt. Cook on high for 4 to 6 hours or low for 8 hours.
Either use an immersion blender to puree the chunks or strain them out in small batches and puree the chunks in the blender. Return puree to the crockpot and add cream and butter and salt to taste.
Scroll down for the complete directions!
You might also want to try these crockpot soup recipes for the upcoming rainy days!:
- Easy Potato Soup Recipe
- Crockpot Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe (+ More Easy Chicken Recipes)
- Easy Recipe for Chili
- Freezer To Crockpot Cooking – Soups!
- 28 ounce can Crushed Tomatoes
- 4 cup Reduced-Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Basil
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 2 tbsp Butter
- Place tomatoes, chicken broth, pepper, oregano and basil to crock pot. Stir well.
- Cook on high for 4-6 hours or low for 8 hours.
- Strain soup and puree chunks in small batches in a blender (or blend well with immersion blender)
- Return puree to crockpot
- Add cream and butter and stir well. Add salt to taste.
- Heat for another few minutes, if needed
- Serve and enjoy!