2014 was an amazing year on Moms Need To Know. We were able to successfully transition from just another deal blog to a website that (hopefully) provides many mom-friendly recipes, tips and savings.
Looking back on 2014, it is amazing how much of a change I have seen since 2013. If I look at my stats from 2013, many of my top posts included deals that were time-sensitive. While I don't argue that those posts helped a great many people save money at the time, I like to look at the stuff that I am posting these days and know that those posts can provide healthy (and some not-so-healthy - but FUN) recipes and tips that help you save money week after week and year after year.
The top 10 posts (based on how many readers viewed them) show that I have accomplished that goal....because they are all ones that work towards finding you long-term savings, both in the kitchen and in the grocery store.
So without further ado, here are the top 12 posts (once again, based on how many people saw the posts) on Moms Need To Know for 2014:
- Companion Planting | What NOT To Plant Together - this article was a real eye-opener for me. It was written with the help of my friend who is a Master Gardener it's a thing - a prestigious thing actually) and before I published it, I ran it by my mom who is also a Master Gardener. Still, I received many emails and comments telling me how wrong I was. Then again, I received even more emails telling me "so THAT is why I have had problems in my garden!"
- Best Dip For Doritos Recipe - you simply have to try this recipe. Never again will you be content with undipped Doritos!
- Oreo Truffles Recipe | Oreo Cake Ball Recipe - 3 ingredients and everyone goes nuts for them. Although I have to say, this has become my "signature" dessert at church and family gatherings
- Slow Cooker Beef Stew Recipes - this Crockpot Beef Stew recipe is just so stinkin' easy to make and absolutely delicious!
- Cherry Thumbprint Cookie Recipe | Christmas Cookie Idea - oh - these cookies because the bane of my existence for the last few weeks. I have to say, I never have a problem getting them to turn out perfectly, but for some reason, people seemed to have the hardest time with these. It got so bad, I even wrote a whole post about why you should be using parchment paper and updated the post several times with tips. But seriously - try them because they are fabulous!
- Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork | Slow Cooker BBQ Pork Recipes - this recipe is so easy and makes for a great sandwich for game day or even a weeknight dinner!<
- Coupon Database - my searchable coupon database is still a big draw on this site. I offer the most complete and updated coupon database on the Interwebs and if there is a coupon available for the product you want - you can find it here!
- Crockpot Chicken Tortilla Soup + More Easy Chicken Recipes - this soup is so filling and perfect to take to any party!<
- Bacon Wrapped Smokies with Brown Sugar Glaze - you would not believe how easy these are to throw together (you can even assemble them ahead of time and freeze them for whenever you are ready to cook them!)
- Freezer To Crockpot Cooking | Beef Recipes and Instructions - this was part of a whole 10-week series based on ingredient - chicken, appetizers, vegetarian, etc - that allowed you to spend about 45 minutes creating 4 meals to throw in your freezer and ready to throw in your crockpot for those crazy days. Make sure to check the links to the other weeks in the post) as well!
- Easy Pizza Dough Recipe | Make Your Own Pizza Crust - make your own pizza dough for just pennies. It can also easily be frozen!
- Copycat Chick Fil A Chicken Sandwich Recipe - who doesn't love Chick Fil'A! Now you can have that unique-tasting chicken sandwich at home!
Thanks for a great 2014!